|Our Canal House...we had the basement level|
|View from the house|
Amsterdam was amazing!! We spent three nights in this fabulous city and although we had some yucky weather, we made the best of it! More posts will come soon but for now I will just give you a little taste of our trip! If you have been following along on instagram you can definitely see we had one heck of a time :)
- Our canal apartment was absolutely perfect...we will definitely be returning and renting the same place. And I am sorry but I just might keep the info on this little gem to myself :)
- Sunday's weather was absolutely terrible but we took a fantastic guided tour through Amsterdam showing some of the city's historic and not so famous WWII sites. It was just the 3 of us on the tour and it was extremely informative and moving.
- After brain farting and forgetting to book Anne Frank tickets in advance, we lucked out on Monday and walked up on a non-existent line. If you read any tourist info on Amsterdam, you know that this line can be hours long. Well we walked right in and I feel incredibly blessed to have been able to stand where Anne wrote her diary.
- Took a canal boat tour and it was awesome
- The Red Light District: I haven't found the words just yet but I will :)
- THE FOOD: Good gracious, we found 2 cafes that we absolutely could not get enough of and we stuffed ourselves with the delicious food. All of my hard work at eating healthy and reaching my goals may have just been erased in one fell swoop. Ok Zeal, time to get to work!!
- We laughed so much on this trip....many memories were made and I am so glad we were able to spend it with my Dad!
Ok, I know we always say we will return to some of the places we've traveled too...but we are dead serious on this one....already looking into going back towards the end of summer!
Do you love Amsterdam?