- I recently became a contributor for the Ely area on localsecrets.com! It is a local online guide, and being a contributor in my own town is fun and keeps me up to date on events! My Gam always said I should be a writer.....although I think she says it because she a little biased :)
- Van and I have booked a birthday/anniversary trip to Spain!! It will be a trip filled with golf, beach and yummy food.....we both are counting down the days!
- The weather has been INCREDIBLE here in England. Van's work schedule has been pretty slow lately and we have been spending days playing golf and wandering around town. It has been such a welcome change!
|Our river friend|
- Van had his first Tea experience (I was not allowed to photo this) and he enjoyed it and didn't break anything.....I was so proud :)
- And in other travel reads news, I tried to start reading The Luminaries and haven't made it past page 13. I gave up and started reading The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes. I finished Me Before You by Moyes a few weeks ago and LOVED it and will be writing on that very soon!!
I think I am being generous with the stars. Maybe I'm just not deep enough to like this book. It read like a man's version of Eat, Pray, Love, which I loved, but with no organization and therefore no emotional connection the story. It was all. over. the place. I found myself reading pages and making a grocery list in my head at the same time. I just could not focus. I really expected this book to teach me something about life, but all it really taught me about was a man's depression. I did find some brilliant excerpts from the book, but overall, I really disliked this book. The title is extremely deceiving...magical thinking?? More like boring thinking.
The book is a memoir of Arthur Frank, an Irish author. He became a priest at a young age and decided in his 30's that the priesthood wasn't for him and so he became an author. He is a really depressed individual for no apparent reason. I know depression doesn't need a huge reason, but I mean this was just a little over the top. He does take a few trips to India, and these are slightly interesting but like I said, it is all over the place and hard to follow because of the lack of organization.
I really wanted this to be a good read but it failed.....I would not recommend this to anyone.
What books are you currently reading? I love a good book and suggestions are always welcome!!
Have a wonderful Monday :)